moneymagpie

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Reviews

I've just read in the New York Times (brought it back with me this morning) that there's a new business around called Sponsoredreviews.com which pays bloggers to review products and services. This is not new apparently - there's already PayPerPost.com and Reviewme.com which pay bloggers to review/recommend stuff. The difference with the new kid on the block is that with them you can name your price rather than just take the few dollars that you're offered.

Of course it was only a matter of time before commerce got involved in what is supposed to be a straightforward platform for people's genuine views, but it really goes against the spirit of the thing. As I sit here with my bottle of 'Fruito' - a genuinely refreshing and uplifting drink with at least 10% of all the vitamins you could need in one day - I wonder what will be next. Thank goodness I'm sitting in my ergonomically-designed 'Matello' chair, comfortably contouring every part of my body to support me in all the right places (and at a truly astounding price of just $999 too) because without that I might fall over with shock.

You certainly wouldn't catch me picking up payolla for blog reviews and then placing it in my 'Voton' hand-stitched, real leather and snakeskin embossed wallet, available at Selfridges, Harrods and Sachs Fifth Avenue. Oh no. If you want that, I'm sorry but you'll just have to go somewhere else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home